Druids Glen Men’s Club Information
Men’s Night Event Information:
Men’s Night events start every Wednesday from March through October. You must be a Member at Druids Glen to participate in Men’s Night events. Membership Options
Earlier in the year (March through early May), the events will start around 3:30-4 pm (for shotgun starts); and later in the year, the events will start around 5-5:30 pm (for shotgun starts). Some events will be scheduled by tee time, with available tee times starting at 3:30 pm. Members should sign up at the pro shop, use the signup form or email firstname.lastname@example.org for the next week’s Wednesday event prior to Tuesday afternoon. Otherwise, members may be placed on a wait list to determine if they will play during the Wednesday competition (depending on number of players and if there is room to accommodate).
During the first few weeks, the format will primarily be “stroke play.” This is done so that new members who have not established a handicap index will have the opportunity to play multiple 9-hole rounds (the GHIN system combines two 9-hole rounds for an 18-hole combined score) and establish a handicap index.
If a rule is in question throughout the round, a player may either contact the pro shop to resolve, or may play two (2) balls until the hole is finished. If playing two (2) balls through a hole, please contact the Druids Glen Pro or a Men’s Club Board member for a final rules determination prior to signing and turning in your scorecard. If a scorecard is signed prior to resolution, you risk disqualification if the issue was improperly scored.
Event format: 9-holes, front/back sides alternating from week to week
Flights: The Men’s Club assigns players to two different flights, and the players may play from different teeing grounds based on their flight assignment.
Members who are 65 or older: Members in this category have an option to play from one tee closer than the tee assigned to the flight that they are in.
Cost (2017): $30 for a 9-hole round of golf, cart included. If you choose to come out to play holes prior to the event, then there is an additional $10 fee.
Men’s Night Side Games:
Closest to the Pin (KP) competition – $5
- Single payout per flight per par 3 hole for this competition.
- Half of the funds will be paid out each week per flight; the other half of the funds will be saved until the end of the year.
- At the end of the year only those who earned a KP throughout the year will qualify for a shot during the end of year shootout event.
Skins competition – $5
- Multiple payouts for this competition.
- First Flight, gross skins and net skins payout
- Second Flight, gross skins and net skins payout
One-time* Hole-in-One Insurance – $10
- *One-time means that players may pay into this competition once, at the start of the season or at any time throughout the season.
- The payment is good until either of the options below occur during a Men’s Club-sponsored event (Men’s Night, Men’s Club Tournament and Men’s Club Sponsored Events):
- 1) a player makes a hole-in-one during the year; or
- 2) no player makes a hole-in-one throughout the year.
- If a member gets a hole-in-one, then they win the entire Hole-in-One Insurance pot.
- If no one gets a hole-in-one during a Men’s Club sponsored event (Men’s Night or Men’s Club Tournament) throughout the year, then the following applies:
- Anyone who paid for Hole-in-One Insurance will have one shot during the end of year shootout event.
Men’s Night Points System:
All participants will receive one (1) point for playing during a weekly Men’s Night event.
Additional points may be accumulated, as follows:
- First place gross or net – member receives an additional three (3) points.
- Second place gross or net – member receives an additional two (2) points.
- Third place gross or net – member receives an additional one (1) point.
Men’s Club Tournament Information:
The Men’s Club is sponsoring six (6) tournaments in 2017 and we will be bringing back the Match Play Competition.
Side games are available during most of the tournament rounds, but entry prices will vary. Talk to a board member if you have any questions.
Men’s Club Tournament Points:
All participants will receive five (5) points per day for playing during a Men’s Club tournament.
Additional points may be accumulated, as follows:
- First place gross or net – member receives an additional six (6) points.
- Second place gross or net – member receives an additional four (4) points.
- Third place gross or net – member receives an additional two (2) points.
Men’s Club Championship Tournament Notes:
Entry into the event is based on a member accumulating ten (10) points throughout the season, with a few exceptions.
Note: If a member is lacking the required ten (10) points at the end of the year, the Druids Glen Pro and Men’s Club Board will make a final determination for event participation.
Prior Club Champions receive a lifetime qualifying exemption…which means a prior club champion can enter this tournament even if they have accumulated zero (0) points throughout the year
Members who have been involved with the Men’s Club as active members for ten (10) years or more, receive a qualifying exemption.
The top 12 access point earners will be asked to play in the Access Cup at the end of the season. Please see the pro shop or any of the board members for more information on the Access Cup.
Combination Tees Explained
2017 Druids Glen Men’s Club Board Members:
|Treasurer/Tournament Chair||Freelon Hunteremail@example.com|
|Men’s Night Chairman||Sean VanNessfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Men’s Night Chairman (LeagueScores)||Brian Godon|
|Men’s Night Chairman||Dan Heric|
|Men’s Night Chairman||Bob Davis|
|Handicap Chairman & Rules||Bob Lydonemail@example.com|